Thursday, August 28, 2008

Happy First Friday

Well, here we are Friday Lab. It will be a bit tricky making sure everyone is in the right place but I think we can do it!

There are some ground rules for those of you that are new to Friday Math Lab.

1. You are here to do math.
2. You come into the lab, log in, and proceed to the Problem of the Week (POW) for your class.
3. POW's are a requirement of the class. It is an assignment and it is graded.
4. You may work with a partner, however the final post needs to be in your own words. (Everyone needs a post so I can give you a grade.)
5. You may use any resources you need on the web, in the book, or with each other to post your solution.
6. All post automatically go to me prior to the web. I will approve it for the web. I will let you know when I have accepted and posted your work. However, keep in mind that I can call you up and tell you it is not finished and you will need to go back and edit your work.
7. Keep in mind from where I sit, I see all of your screens. :-)
8. You must start your post with the intial of your first name and your last name. NEVER USE A WHOLE NAME, NEVER REFER TO ANYONE IN THE CLASS USING A FULL NAME. You may use my whole name.

TIPS:
1. Work in Word first and then cut and paste to the comment box. If you leave the comment box open too long you will lose all of your work. (Also, you can not copy from the comment box and paste in Word. See why this is important in the next bullet.)
2. Always save your work in the Leckman to be graded file. If for some reason your post is lost while you are submitting it, we still have a copy.
3. Use appropriate language, we are live for everyone to see. You are the image of Madison Number One through your voice on the web.

Now on to your task for today:

7th Grade Honors - please read through: Tips for the New 7th Grade AEP, from last years 7th grade. Post your thoughts on their tips and then proceed to the 7th grade page and begin your POW.

8th Grade - Proceed to the 8th Grade page and begin your POW.

Welcome back 8th Honors - Here ya go... You get a choice today. I have a page set up for you if you would like a seperate page or you can keep posting on this page. I am rather proud of your work here and would love to see you stay here, but it is totally your choice. We need to decide which way we want to go. We will proceed from there. :-)

Good luck to all.
Ms. L.

No comments:

What's my line?

What's my line?